Vytautas Magnus University welcomes exchange students.
Exchange students join the community of Vytautas Magnus University within LLP / Erasmus exchange programme, Campus Europae programme or Bilateral Agreements, signed between institutions and students, coming to our institution with Lithuanian Governmental Scholarships.
Step 1 – Choose VMU
Contact your own department or International Office at your university and find out whether your department or university has an exchange agreement with Vytautas Magnus University.
Step 2 – Send Documents
Exchange students are welcome to fill in our on-line Application form - no other Application forms are accepted.
Before you start to fill in the online Application form be sure that:
1. Your university exchange coordinator has nominated you (sent a confirmation e-mail) to International Office at VMU
2. You have these documents (they need to be scanned and attached in the on-line Application form):
- Learning Agreement. Fill it in according the List of Courses in English (Spring semester List of Courses will appear in September), sign and ask your University Departmental and Institutional Exchange Coordinators to sign it.
- Transcript of Records. Get this official document (in English language and signed) from your University.
- Proof of English proficiency. Get this official document (translated in English and signed) from your University or provide TOEFL results.
Pay attention to your English language proficiency (advisable - not lower that B2 level). International students with B1 level will have to register for English language course (free of charge) at VMU.
- Copy of your passport or ID card (validity has to exceed 6 months of exchange period).
3. After you get all these documents, register for the Application with your e-mail. Use the password sent to your e-mail after the registration. Sign in and choose the Application form For Students - Incoming. Fill in all required fields in the Application form and click the button Submit (the Application could be submitted once). After this your application will be checked by International Office and sent to your e-mail in PDF file. Print this file and attach a photo.
4. Send all these documents (Application form, Photo, Learning agreement, Transcript of records, Proof of English proficiency, Copy of your passport or ID card)
to the address before the deadline:
Vytautas Magnus University
K. Donelaičio g. 58,
June 30th - Application deadline for Autumn semester;
November 30th - Application deadline for Spring semester.
Please note that the Application procedure is complete and will be processed only after International Office gets all the documents online and by post. Your application form will be processed by VMU coordinator who may ask you to send additional documents by email or mail. The official confirmation of acceptance will be sent by post to your home address (please be sure that you filled in that part of the application form correctly!) by regular post.
Accommodation and mentor booking deadlines:
July 15th - for Autumn semester students;
December 15th - for Spring semester students.
See the academic calendar for your arrival arrangement. We recommend to participate in the Orientation Week and not to miss any classes at the beginning of the semester.
Note! Accommodation booking and mentor confirmation will be sent to you in the middle of August (for Autumn semester studies) or January (for Spring semester studies).
Contact your exchange coordinator at VMU if you have any inquiries about your application.
Check – List for Incoming Exchange Students
Before your studies at Vytautas Magnus University:
1. Please send to the International Office at Vytautas Magnus University (Mailing address:
K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania) all required documents on time (deadline for Autumn Semester – June 30th, deadline for Spring Semester – November 30th).
2. Be sure that your travelling document (passport or ID card) will be valid 6 months after your Exchange period.
3. Get the health insurance (private health insurance or European Health Insurance Card).
4. Get a visa (compulsory for non EU, EEA country citizens). For more information see Full check-list for exchange students.
5. Answer to your mentor after he/she contacts you by e-mail (3 weeks before the beginning of semester). Make an arrangement with him/her if you want to be met in Kaunas.
6. If you have any questions or problems do not hesitate to contact your coordinator or mentor at Vytautas Magnus University.
Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Course / EILC
All exchange students are invited to apply for intensive Lithuanian language course
(free of charge for Erasmus students) which will be held July 24 – August 17, 2012
- For Erasmus, Campus Europae, Comenius students - June 1, 2012
- For other exchange students - July 1, 2012
Contact person: Ms Jurgita Pilypaityte, e-mail: J.Pilypaityte@hmf.vdu.lt, tel. +370 37 327 828
Vytautas Magnus University has two students’ houses. The newly renovated students' house is in the very centre of the city, the second university dormitory is further from the centre. During the academic year foreign students are accommodated in VMU students' house (Vytauto pr. 71, Kaunas), in the city centre.
Students in the students' house of VMU are accommodated in shared rooms for 2 or 3 persons. Each room has a table, a bed, a wardrobe and chairs. Beddings and towels will be provided. There is a fridge in each room. Internet access is available in each room.
Dormitory fee is 220 Lt (about 64 EUR) for one person per month. Dormitory fee must be paid by 10th day of each month (after your arriving!) in the 'SEB bankas'. No deposit or advance payment is required.
If the student moves into the dormitory before 24th of August (for autumn semester studies) or January (for spring semester studies) he/she shall pay 110 Lt (about 32 EUR) for the current month rent. There is no dormitory fee for arrivals from the 24th till the end of August / January.
There are cooking facilities to enable residents to prepare their own meals. Each floor has a shared kitchen. Kitchen utensils (cookware, i.e. pots, pans, etc.) are not provided: you have to buy or bring them with you.
You may also find us on facebook:
The International Office hopes to welcome you in the near future
at Vytautas Magnus University!